Periods 1, 2, 4
1. New vocab
1. abort: give up (V): The fighter pilot had to abort the mission. The fighter pilot had to give up the mission.
2. inundated: flooded (V): After Janet Jackson showed her breast, NBC was inundated with phone calls. After Janet Jackson showed her breast, NBC was flooded with phone calls.
3. sedentary: sitting (adj): Some people like sedentary jobs. Some people like sitting jobs.
4. rife: abundant (adj): Some restaurants are rife with roaches. Some restaurants are abundant with roaches.
5. fortitude: strength and bravery (noun): It takes fortitude to succeed in life. It takes strength and bravery to succeed in life. (tell story of being let go)
6. irascible: easily angered (adj): I can get irascible if I don't get eight hours of sleep. I can get easily angered if I don't get eight hours of sleep.
7. gape: open mouth and stare stupidly (V): I gaped at the girl in the bikini. I opened my mouth and stared stupidly at the girl in the bikini.
8. reiterate: repeat (V): I had to reiterate the directions because no one was listening. I had to repeat the directions because no one was listening.
9. trite: overused (adj): Can you think of an expression that is trite? Can you think of an expression that is overused?
Periods 6-7
1. 20 minutes to finish VIS from Friday
2. Fluency
3. Review lists1-3
4. Complete graphic organizer on Page 31
5. Share graphic organizer with class
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment