Monday, April 28, 2008

Monday, April 28

Periods 1, 2, 4
1. Journal: What would you do if you were the woman who found the wallet/credit cards?
2. New Vocab
3. Complete VIS

1. grotto: small cave (n): Hugh Hefner has a grotto within his pool. Hugh Hefner has a small cave within his pool.

2. frenetic: frenzied or hectic (adj): Prom Week can get frenetic for students. Prom Week can get frenzied or hectic for students.

3. immaculate: very clean (adj): My condo is immaculate. My condo is very clean.

4. erroneous: false (adj): The story in the New York Times was erroneous. The story in the New York Times was false.

5. feign: fake (v): My sister feigned an illness so she could stay home from school. My sister faked an illness so she could stay home from school.

6. lithe: graceful and flexible (adj): Gymnasts are usually lithe. Gymnasts are usually graceful and flexible.

7. penchant: preference (n): Mr. Cooper has a penchant for tall women. Mr. Cooper has a preference for tall women.

8. histrionics: excessive drama (n): I refuse to fall prey to her histrionics. I refuse to fall prey to her excessive drama.

9. dearth: scarcity (n): During the Holocaust, there was a dearth of food for Jews. During the Holocaust, there was a scarcity of food for Jews.

10. premonition: dream (n): I had a premonition that I was going to win the lottery. I had a dream that I was going to win the lottery.

Periods 6-7
1. Journal
2. News of the day
3. Fluency
4. Pre-reading activity on Revolutionary War (with worksheet)
5. New vocab on Rewards Lesson 6
6. Complete VIS

No comments: