Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Wednesday, September 19

Periods 1, 2, 4,
1. Continued work with Read-On

Periods 6-7
1. Word wall review
2. Read aloud
3. Today in the news
4. Figure out which question matches which benchmark using the handout distributed in class (this was turned in for a grade)
5. New vocabulary (finish VIS for homework)
6. SSR (last 30 minutes)

1. Populate: to provide with something (V): He came up with a plan to populate the country. He came up with a plan to provide the country with people.

2. contrite: to feel sorrow (adj): He was contrite after giving his brother a black eye. He felt sorrow after giving his brother a black eye.

3. Illusion: trick (noun): The magician spent 10 hours a week practicing illusions. The magician spent 10 hours a week practicing tricks.

4. Persecute: to punish (v): His mother persecuted him for no reason. His mother punished him for no reason

5. Bewildered: confused (v): My sister gets bewildered in Algebra II. My sister gets confused in Algebra II.

6. Cautious: careful (adj): Be very cautious when crossing the street: Be very careful when crossing the street

7. Luminous: giving out light (adj): The sun has a luminous surface. The sun has a surface that gives out light

8. Novel: new and original (adj): Teachers are praised for coming up with ideas that are novel. Teachers are praised for coming up with ideas that are new and original.

9. Appalled: disgusted: (adj) I was appalled at what I saw going on in the halls. I was disgusted at what I saw going on in the halls.

10. Grateful: thankful (adj): She was very grateful when I paid for her mail. She was very thankful when I paid for her meal.

No comments: