Periods 1, 2, 4
1. FCAT retakes
Periods 6-7
1. word wall
2. read-aloud
3. teach new vocab
4. partner-read Chapter 3 of "Killing Mr. Griffin"
5. draw picture/write summary of Chapter 3
6. SSR
1. deliberate: on purpose (adj): The punch he threw was deliberate: The punch he threw was on purpose
2. conjecture: guess (noun): I made a conjecture as to how many jelly beans were in the jar. I made a guess as to how many jelly beans were in the jar.
3. explicable: not able to be explained (adj): My sister's bad grades were inexplicable. My sister's bad grades were not able to be explained
4. meticulous: careful (adj): The old man was very meticulous with the miniature figurines he was carving. The old man was very careful with the miniature figurines he was carving
5. conscious: awake (adj): The boy was still conscious when we found him. The boy was still awake when we found him
6. coax: persuade (verb): His sister coaxed him into skipping school. His sister persuaded him into skipping school.
7. disgruntled: unhappy: (adj): I was disgruntled when my mother grounded me for the weekend. I was unhappy when my mother grounded me for the weekend.
8. ecstatic: overly happy (adj): She was ecstatic when her boyfriend proposed. She was overly happy when her boyfriend proposed.
9. indecisive: not able to make a decision (adj): When it comes to shopping, I am indecisive. When it comes to shopping, I am not able to make a decision.
Thursday, October 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment