Periods 1, 2, 4
1. Learn new vocab
2. Complete VIS
3. Vocab quiz
1. coax: persuade (verb): He tried to coax his friend into skipping school. He tried to persuade his friend into skipping school.
2. disgruntled: unhappy (adj): My sister was disgruntled when she found out she was grounded. My sister was unhappy when she found out she was grounded.
3. ecstatic: overly happy (adj): My sister was ecstatic when she found out she passed the FCAT. My sister was overly happy when she found out she passed the FCAT.
4. indecisive: not able to make a decision (adj): When it comes to shopping, I am very indecisive. When it comes to shopping, I am not able to make a decision.
5. witty: funny (adj): I always laugh when I’m with my friend because he is witty. I always laugh when I’m with my friend because he is funny
6. devoted: loyal (adj): Dogs are very devoted pets. Dogs are very loyal pets.
7. blissful: happy (adj): She is blissful when she is around her boyfriend. She is happy when she is around her boyfriend.
8. clever: smart (adj): What he did to fix the lock was very clever. What he did to fix the lock was very smart.
9. courageous: brave (adj): Rescuing the woman from the burning building was very courageous. Rescuing the woman from the burning building was very brave.
Periods 6-7
1. Word wall review
2. Read aloud
3. Compass Learning Odyssey
Thursday, October 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment